There are times when I notice my battery is draining faster than normal. Fortunately the BlackBerry Operating System (OS) 6.0 provides a great tool to see what applications are using the most of my BlackBerry CPU, and likely decreasing my battery life.
- Click on the Wrench/Options on your main screen.
- Choose “Device”.
- Choose “Application Management”.
- Scroll the screen over to the right by one screen.
- The next screen should be titled “CPU”.
- Put your cursor over the words “CPU” and press the trackpad, then change the “Now” to “Today”.
You will now see what apps have been using the most processing power for today. Perhaps you will be surprised, and maybe an app you don’t use very much is running all the time in the background, and you can now try to close it down.
I was surprised to find out that a particular app I had was using the most CPU even though I had not actually used that app, it was just running in the background. Since the app could not be effectively closed I had to delete it because my battery was draining way too fast.
After running this test did you find anything surprising? Let us know.