The New BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930
on May 9th, 2011
We just returned from the Blackberry World Conference in Orlando where the new Bold 9900 / 9930 was introduced. This new Bold is based on the original Bold 9000, which at the time was my favorite device since it had a wide screen and great keyboard.
I had an opportunity to test the new Bold with the new OS 7 and I was very impressed with it. Like the old Bold 9000 it has a wider screen and great keyboard, but it is now much thinner, with a high resolution screen that is a touch screen. The touch screen and full keyboard are a great combination…the best of both worlds. This new Bold records and plays high definition video, and is just loaded with excellent features. The new OS 7, which is a step up from OS 6, is a clean looking interface and operated very well. This new Bold is fantastic and will make existing and new BlackBerry users very happy. Here are some of the features on the Bold 9900 / 9930:
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Touch Screen Size: 2.80 inches
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 8 GB of on-board memory
- 720p HD video recording
- 5 megapixels camera with: Auto focus, Image stabilizer, Face detection, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, Effects, Scenes
- Dual-band Wi-Fi®
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- a built-in compass
- Operating System 7.0 (which is based on OS 6.0 and not the new OS used in the Playbook).
Let us know if you plan on getting this new Bold 9900/9930.
Leave a Reply