RIM has updated its Desktop Manager software for both MAC and PC. Desktop manager is used on your computer when you plug your Blackberry into your computer with a USB cable. Desktop Manager is very useful software for backing up your BlackBerry, syncing your emails/contacts/calendars/music/photos/videos. It is always best to have the latest versions of the Desktop Manager. Here is brief outline of the changes made to each, with links to download the software (from the release notes provided by BlackBerry).
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Support for BlackBerry 6 devices
- Switching Devices Wizard – this is a big bonus as previous versions of Desktop Manager for MAC did not have this feature
- Media Sync & WiFi Music Sync
Here is the link to get the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager for your MAC: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_mac.jsp
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Easy-to-use, updated interface: BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 features an updated interface and user-friendly menu that allow you to simply connect, synchronise, manage and update your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Built-in BlackBerry Media Sync: Transfer your favorite media files to and from your BlackBerry® smartphone. Import your desktop iTunes or Windows Media® files and carry your music, photos and videos with you wherever you go.
- Easily manage your applications: Keep track of the applications you use the most or don´t use as often on your BlackBerry smartphone. Add and remove applications, games, and much more.
- Update your smartphone software: Keep your BlackBerry smartphone software up to date and running smoothly with automatic alerts that prompt you when updates are available.
- Synchronise your organizer: BlackBerry Desktop Software is compatible with Microsoft® Outlook®1, Windows® Calendar, IBM® Lotus Notes®, and Yahoo!®. Keep your organizer information in sync so you don´t miss a thing.
- Switch smartphones: Changing to a new BlackBerry smartphone? Use the device switch wizard to migrate from one BlackBerry smartphone to another.
Here is the link to get the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager for your PC: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
Let us know if you have any comments about either of these new releases of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.