Getting a new app for your BlackBerry should be a pleasant experience. Here are some things to consider after you have downloaded an app:
- After you download and install an app the icon for the app would be placed in either your Downloads folder, Applications folder (which are on your main screen), or it will be placed on your main screen.
- If you will be using the app a lot, then you can move the icon to your main screen for quicker access: highlight the icon, click your menu button, select “move to folder” then select “home”. The icon will then be on your main screen.
- You can also set the app to be activated by one of the “convenience keys” on the side of your BlackBerry. Click your wrench/options…choose “Screen/Keyboard” then scroll down to the section dealing with the convenience keys. If you have OS 6, click your wrench/options…click “Device”…then click “Convenience Key”
- To run the app click on the icon and follow any instructions that the app may provide. It´s a good habit to click on the Blackberry Menu button once an app is open to see what, if any, menu items the developer may have added, such as help or support, or a way to contact the developer.
- If the app does not work, it is possible that you did not accept the “permissions” required to operate the app. You can set the permissions to “allow” after you have installed the app as follows:
- For Operating System 4.6 and higher..but not 5.0: Click on your wrench/options…choose “Advanced Options”…then choose “applications”…highlight the name of the app…click your “menu” button…choose “edit permissions”…then change all the permissions to “Allow”
- For Operating System 5.0: Click on your wrench/options…choose “applications”…highlight the name of the app…click your “menu” button…choose “edit permissions”…then change all the permissions to “Allow”.
- For Operating System 6.0: Click your wrench/options…choose “Device”…choose “Application Management”…highlight the name of the app…click your “menu” button…choose “edit permissions”…then change all the permissions to “Allow”
If you are still having problems with any app you purchase then you should check if the developer’s web site has any on-line support such as a FAQ page or a Knowledge Base that you can review.
If you can not find this information then you should contact the developer´s support group by email. When contacting the developer you should try to be specific about what the problem is, what model BlacBerry you have, what level Operating System you have, and where you bought the app from.